Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Wind Beneath My Wings - Stamping with Washi Tape

Hi, all our Get Inky! friends and family!!!

Kathy here to bring you some "challenge inspiration" for the current challenge over at Get Inky! Challenge (aka Blue Moon Creation Crafting Station Challenge or BMCCS).  The current challenge is "Stamping with Washi Tape". I just LOVE washi tape . . . there are so many options you can use it with - cards, scrapbook pages, decorating presents, etc. I even used it weekend on my "picture board" for my daughter's graduation open house/party. 

After receiving some new washi tape this past week ("Urban Market" by Teresa Collins), I knew had to use it for this project . . . especially since I wanted to make a graduation card and my daughter's graduation class colors were blue, silver/gray and white.  And I used the sentiment "You are the wind beneath my wings" from the Love Bug stamp set by Get Inky!  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies
"Urban Market" washi tape by Teresa Collins
corrugated kraft paper from Fancy Pants
enamel dots from the "Urban Market" collection by Teresa Collins
Layering stencil (Speckles - THS021) by Tim Holtz
Archival Inky by Ranger  (Cobalt and Watering Can)
Momento ink in Tuxedo Black
miscellaneous mini paper clip

Since I didn't want to make my card bigger so I could see more of the texture of the corrugated paper, I offset the the Cryogen White paper so I would only see about 1/8" on one side and 1/2" on the other of the corrugated paper from Fancy Pants.  I kept my butterfly chip "naked" to help pull everything together. A few "speckles" of ink here and there and  . . . Voila! I was done. :)

I hope I was able to inspire you today with my "stamping with washi tape" project.  Remember, you have till Wednesday to get your projects in . . . I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Till the next time I'm up in the night . . . 
LET'S GET INKY!!!!  
Kathy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!