Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Judy's Inspiration for the Valentine/Love Challenge




Judy here with my card for the Valentine/Love challenge at Get Inky! Challenges this week.  I have created this cupcake card for the challenge using stamps from the Sew Sweet Cupcake stamp set. The stamps for this card can be found here

What a fun card to make. I used a very old technique using shaving cream to represent the icing on the cupcake and to colour the hearts.  I added red ink to the shaving cream cream and stirred up the mixture until it looked like fluffy pink and white icing.  For the bottom of the cake I made the mixture much lighter and added it to some card stock that was cream in color and some what glossy. I stamped my images and sentiment with black Stazon ink.

To complete my card I embossed the background with a Sizzix heart embossing folder, added a white glittered ribbon, a butterfly and some bling. Now my card is ready for my sweetie. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join in the challenge.  Just create your Valentine/Love card and enter it here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!