Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday's Terrific Tips and Tricks

 
Happy Tuesday, Get Inky! Stamps friends. Julie here from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers. I hope you had a chance to get your ink on this past weekend!  I have a very simple, yet effective stamping technique to share with you today.
 
Here's what I do every single time I'm going to stamp an image:
When I get a package in the mail, and it comes with thin foam for protective wrap, I save that foam.  It makes an excellent cushion for stamping. Then, before I stamp, I place a piece of that foam under the paper, where I'm going to stamp.
 
 
See that thin piece of foam? and the tag I'm going to stamp onto?  The foam is my secret to success.  I'll show you:
Here's the sentiment I'm stamping, without foam.  You'll notice it's a bit "blurred".
 
 
Now, here's the same image, using the same ink, stamped exactly the same, except I stamped on foam.
 
 
Can you see the difference?  Look closely by the 'H' in hope and 's' in sweet and you'll see what I mean.
That's your Tuesday's tip for today.  I hope it helps someone with their stamping technique. Get inky!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!