Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Buzzing Die Cuts

Hi There! It's me Ann from the Design Team here at Get Inky!
 Today I get to share with you my take on using die cuts with some fabulous stamps from Get Inky! for Blue Moon Creation.

Here is my bookmark.  For those of us who still read paper books!



I used a piece of gold paper as the base.  I die cut a white piece of card stock with a Honey comb steel die by Cuddle bug.  I overlaid  the white honey comb on the gold back ground.  I made a ticket from some more white card stock and I used a steel die by Spellbinders which I embossed after  cutting. Using some Distress yellow ink by Ranger, I added the colour to its edges.  I used a Get Inky! clear stamp "What's the BUZZ all about" to stamp the saying.  Onto another small piece I stamped a Bee, also from the Get Inky! clear stamp collection.  Both stamps are from the Buzzing Bees collection over at Get Inky! I coloured the bee with   white and yellow coloring pencils.  I just cut out the bee and used a piece of dimensional foam tape to adhere it to the ticket and then the bookmark.  I made the cord from a black and white twisted wool with some yellow embroidery thread.  I also made the tassel with the same strings.  I had this cute bee button that I threaded the cord through the shank.

Don't forget to check out the Die Cuts challenge going on.

I hope that this gives you some ideas on the many ways you can combine die cuts and stamps.  Thanks for looking!  You can check out more of my ideas at my blog: Annmakes.http://annmakes.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this bookmark Ann! Cute use for that stamp! - Thia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I must try one of these for my niece! She reads constantly and they are planning to raise honeybees soon. This would be so fun for her! I love the added use of the honeycomb die, little charm and twised strings to give the stamp more life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!