Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Are YOU a Glitter Fan?

Hello, Get Inky! Stamps fans, it's Julie from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers with today's glittery inspiration.  And it's Wednesday -- I can see the weekend from here!  Woot!

I don't know about you, but I am not a huge glitter fan.  It's way too messy for me.  I once made a glittery project out on my deck on a cold day in October, and I STILL found glitter from one end of my house to the other.  There seems to be no way to avoid it.  Especially with 3 dogs (that make 12 paws) tracking it around with them. So, I tend to use glitter alternatives, like glitter glue.  So, even though the current theme is glitter.  I cheated just a little bit.  See what you think!


I used a Get Inky! digi stamp on the sailboat and paper pieced it.  That was a new digi technique for me, but was very easy to do.  Then, after I fussy cut each piece, I used a corresponding color of glitter glue, a spritz of water, and a paint brush, and painted on my glitter glue.  Here's a close up so you can hopefully see the sparkle a little better.


Can you see how each piece of the sailboat -- even the flag -- has it's own glittery wonderfulness to it?  It's a great technique if you don't like to get messy.

The "Birthday Wishes" sentiments is from the Get Inky! Stamps Sew Sweet Cupcakes stamp set. 

For more about this card, please visit my blog and tell me what you think of my glitter technique.  Did I cheat?  Don't forget to link up to the current glitter challenge.

And the Get Inky! Stamps design team is having their first (FIRST) 1st ever blog hop June1-3 for National REPEAT r-e-p-e-a-t repeat day!  Please join us for all the fun starting here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!